Tuesday, January 17, 2012

A list of my most memorable fangirl moments.

For those of you who actually know me, you will understand that my life is basically a LONG string of obsessions. My obsessions range from Care Bears (in Junior High) to BBC (now and forever). Here is a list of times I can remember when I embarrassed myself with my own fangirl voracity.

1. When my family went to London in the summer we went to the Doctor Who Experience. They had this simulation where you got to help the Doctor in an adventure, and at one point we (everyone in the session) got to help the Doctor drive the TARDIS. (Side note: If all of this is lost on you....too bad.) We all got a little control box with buttons to push and stuff, and the Doctor came on the giant screen in front of everyone and said something along the lines of "Who has the controls marked 'Navigation'?" and since my controls said "Navigation" on them, I excitedly yelled "ME!!!!!" and threw my hands in the air...Apparently, half of the controls said "Navigation" on them, so most of the people in the room gave me very weird looks. Geez, I was just excited!

2. The first day of Writing this semester we all had to go around and introduce ourselves and say nice stuff about ourselves and yada yada yada. The teacher got up and introduced herself and then said that she likes Doctor Who. I proceeded to squeal loudly and throw my hands around for a bit while everyone stared at me.

3. This one happened today. In the same Writing class, the teacher asked us about the 3-day weekend we all just had, and there were the general mumbles of stuff. She then asked if anyone watches Sherlock, and I shrieked (yes. SHRIEKED) like a BANSHEE and threw my hands around again. Man, I am just an EMBARRASSMENT. Whew. But it makes for funny stories!!!

So there you have it. The quintessential me.

No comments:

Post a Comment