Friday, February 3, 2012

I'm happy now. Being happy is cool.

I happen to be having a very nice past two days...and it is strange for me to be so optimistic about everything; brace yourself for a look into the optimistic, happy-go-lucky Melanie.

Yesterday while I was waiting for the bus, this well-dressed man came up to me and told me he liked my boots. (There was some kind of career fair going on in the Wilk.) He sat down on the bench next to me and we continued to talk about clothes. He told me that he used to work for a DESIGNER in PARIS. I kind of wanted to die right there. That is probably THE coolest thing that anyone has said this semester, except for maybe my Geology teacher going to Antarctica...I don't know it's a close call. Anyway, his ride came, and he gave me his email address so I could contact him for internships in Europe after I graduate or whatever...I was pretty stoked about the whole experience. I mean, I may not actually ever talk to this guy again, but it was very flattering to know that he thought I would be up for something like that. It boosted my confidence, that's for sure! :)

Today Kelli and Karoline and I signed our contracts for King Henry next year!!!! :) It was very exciting. I am pumped that now we officially have somewhere to live next semester where we will each have our own rooms. Ahhh, bliss. It will be such a nice change.

I am so freaking glad it is the weekend. Up until yesterday I was having a very stressful week, and now I can pretty much relax; but, I am going to get started on some interesting semester-long projects I need to be doing. Neither of them is boring, and I am actually kind of excited to work on them, I know, go figure.

 
This picture was my desktop wallpaper for quite a while. If ever I am stressed, I just look at Benedict, and I am happy again. So here is a way for me to spread my happiness with you. Please enjoy this Sherlock valentine, from me to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment