Monday, May 28, 2012

Musick

The topic for today is tunes.

TOP TEN FAVORITE SONGS OF ALL TIME:

1. Thriller by Michael Jackson. Does this even need an explanation? I know it's cliche, but MJ is my favorite, and thus his iconic song must be my favorite.

2.Sweet Dreams (Are Made of This) by the Eurythmics. When this song comes on, I have to dance. It makes me so happy.

3.Undisclosed Desires by Muse. Muse is a more recent obsession than the rest of the music I like. They are one of the few musical groups that isn't from the 80s, BUT I still love them. I love the heavy beat with the minor melody.

4. Kiss by Prince. I got REALLY into Prince last year. He is just so poppin'! A lot of his music is highly inappropriate though, so I only have a couple of his CDs. :( I nevertheless LOVE this song above all the rest of his; it has a fabulous beat and fun, high vocals.

5. You Make My Dreams by Hall & Oates. I love the pop-y vibe of this song. You can't help but feel happy when you listen to this song. It is law.

6. Stayin' Alive by the Bee Gees. This song is so classic. I have often joked about having it played at my funeral...I think that would be awesome.

7. Starlight by Muse. Once again, this song is really cliche for a Muse-fan-favorite, but I really like it.

8. You're the Voice by John Farnham. I don't even understand my fascination with this song, but it is so catchy, and even though I am not totally sure about what this song is about, it makes me feel like I am doing something really inspiring.

9. The Safety Dance by Men Without Hats. No explanation needed.

10. If I Had You by Adam Lambert. Okay, at least I only have one fluffy current pop song in the mix. I love Adam's music--it is so 80s and pop-y.
 And can I just add as an afterthought that I officially HATE Glee? The acting sucks, the story sucks, the music sucks. There you go.

No comments:

Post a Comment