Thursday, May 31, 2012

Michael Jackson.

So I came up with today's post while driving to work today. I couldn't decide what to listen to, and then I remembered my extensive collection of Michael Jackson songs. I had a really hard time deciding which songs to put on this list. There were several I had to leave out grudgingly, but I do have an honorary 11th place winner.

TOP TEN FAVORITE MICHAEL JACKSON SONGS.

1. Thriller. Seriously, what kind of fan would I be if I genuinely didn't adore MJ's swan song? I absolutely love this song. I have enjoyed trying to learn the dance so that I can feel super cool whenever this song comes on.

2. Money. I would assume that most people have not heard this song before. The first time I heard it was on the Michael Jackson Experience wii game (it's like Just Dance Michael Jackson style), but I absolutely LOVE this song. It is one of his "newer" ones, so it's a sort of different style than the classics; but, I love it nonetheless.

3. Streetwalker. Another not-well-known song that I first heard on that video game. This one is probably my favorite one on that game. This one has a beat much like The Way You Make Me Feel. It is really fun and pop-y.

4. The Way You Make Me Feel. Everybody knows this song; everybody loves this song. 

5. Billie Jean. I wonder if this is his second greatest hit after Thriller... Either way, I love it! I also especially love the video from Motown 25 where he performed this live for the first time.

6. Beat It. Once again, everyone loves this song, AND I love the music video. His piano key shirt is awesome.

7. Baby Be Mine. This is from the original Thriller album. I really like this song, not really for any particular reason, but I like it.

8. The Girl Is Mine. This is a duet between Michael Jackson and Paul McCartney, which makes it doubly good. It is just light-hearted and fun.

9. Ghost. Another more "recent" of his songs that I found on the wii game. It is just a strange song, but I like it. I love that so many of his songs are about nothing at all, like "Ghost" and "Thriller" and "Money"; it is a refreshing change from the constant love song.

10. You Rock My World. I remember just randomly buying this album and being overwhelmed with the awesome music. I just really like the beat and melody of this song. It does, however, have a very strange intro with some guy with a really annoying voice. I also have no idea what MJ is saying half the time, and neither does anyone else--everywhere I look up the lyrics they are different.

Honorary 11th Song: This Is It. This is the song that was released with the post-mortem movie This Is It. I really love this song, but haven't been able to buy it because you have to buy the whole album (of which I have all the songs except this one). Also, if you haven't seen This Is It, you need to. It is really good, and not just for fans.

No comments:

Post a Comment